In order to connect any device to the Internet, you need an IP address. Among that 192.168.1.1 is the most common IP address we usually use for any router as a default gateway. We use this IP address for to set up any wireless router. It is not necessary to keep this IP address as a default IP address for your wireless router. You can change this IP address as per what you want it to be.
TP-LINK WIRELESS ROUTER LOGIN
Most of the TP-LINK router’s default IP address is 192.168.1.1. This IP address is used to log into your TP-Link wireless router. Following are the instructions used to log into the TP-Link wireless router:
- First of all simply open your favourite web browser and enter the default IP address in the address bar of the tab.
- After you enter the IP address, you will see new login screen pop up in front of you asking for username and password.
- Enter “admin” in both the username and password fields and click Login.
- This will direct you to the TP-Link wireless router’s web based GUI. From here you can manage and monitor your TP-Link wireless router from any device.
Now that you have successfully logged in to the TP-Link’s wireless router, you can access all administrative authorities and configurations needed for the setup of TP-Link’s wireless router. You can test Internet connectivity and also run security check on your wireless network. You can restrict any device from accessing the wireless network with the help of the MAC Filtering feature that TP-Link routers offer.
CHANGING TP-LINK ROUTER’S DEFAULT LOGIN AND PASSWORD
Since security is the first priority for all of us, the first and the foremost task is to change the wireless router’s Login and Password detail to something more personal and more secure. Following are the instructions to do so:
- Look for the System Tools tab on the left side of the menu bar and click on it
- Look for Password on the left side of the menu bar and click on it.
We would recommend you to choose a complex and hard-to-guess password for your TP-Link wireless router. This password should be known only by you. It should be something personal so that you don’t forget it ever; the amount of protection directly depends upon the complexity of the password.
TP-LINK ROUTER LOGIN ISSUE
- Login password not working/forgot the login password.
If you are facing issues related to login password of the device, simply try resetting the TP-Link wireless router. Following are the instructions to reset your TP-Link wireless router:
- First of all turn your TP-Link router around and find the Reset button at the back.
- Press and hold the reset button with the help of a paperclip or any similar item and wait 10 seconds to let the router reboot.
- Now unplug your TP-Link router from the power outlet and again wait for a minute.
- Now connect your router with the computer using the Ethernet cable or by wireless mode.
- Launch any web browser and enter the default IP address in the address bar and click Go.
- Now you will see the login window screen in front of you asking for login credentials. Simply enter “admin” in both username and password fields and click Login.
- Now you will be able to change you default password.
- How to reset TP-Link router to the default settings?
- Simply follow above mentioned instructions to reset the TP-Link router to its default settings.
- How to change the administrative username and password of TP-Link wireless router?
- Go to Advanced tab and click System Tools under this tab.
- Click on Administration and complete the settings in Account Management.
Enter the old username and password, and after that it will ask for new username and password. Both the fields are case sensitive. Click Save and use the new username and password from now onwards to log into the TP-Link wireless router.
- How to change the IP address of TP-Link wireless router?
- Open web browser and enter the default IP address of your TP-Link wireless router in the address field.
- New login screen will pop up asking you for username and password. Enter “admin” in both username and password fields and click Login.
- Select Network and then select LAN on the left side, and change the IP address to preference and then click Save.
- After changing the router IP address, you will need the new router IP address to log into the router again.